China

Weblinks for China:

The great wall of china

National Geographic Kids – facts, photos and video about China

Fact Monster – China  – geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.

Timeline of historical events in China

Basic Timeline of China

The Great Wall of China – facts for kids

The best 21 facts for kids about China

Click on map to enlarge

What time is it in China’s capital?

Beijing

6 thoughts on “China

1. Hello China,
    This blog is helpful. I believe that it will be helpful later in the term. I found the first link the most helpful.
    From Zane

2. Howdy students studying China,
    I am having lots of fun on the blog at the moment as there is so much to use. The links that are on the blog are a great help and useful. I got most of my information from them. One of the weirdest facts I got from there was that people in China eat DOG, SNAKE and even SCORPIONS. I never knew that but thanks to the awesome blog now I do! I would really recommend this website as it is easy to read and full of facts: http://www.tooter4kids.com/china/fun_facts_about_china.htm, I hope it comes in handy and you enjoy it. If anyone has any really good links on the Terracotta Warriors can you post it because I don’t think I have enough information on them. Please also tell me if this comes of use and can help you anytime when needed. Cheers! Thanks. :)
    From Jessica

3. Hello my fellow Chinese students,
    I just wanted to let you know how fantastic your research and information reports are!! I have been watching many presentations including visual representations to do with China’s history! They are soo interesting! It’s amazing how much effort and creativity goes into these projects!
    I am so excited for the special celebration night to see all your work on display. Good Luck fellow students!

4. Dear readers,
    I found out about the Chinese Halloween. Halloween is known as Teng Chieh. They place food and water in front of the photographs of family members who have departed and light lanterns to help light the path of the spirits as they travel to Earth on Halloween night.
    Hannah